Teatro Arti Eisteddfod is an annual eisteddfod currently in its fourth year of existence. It was called into life to provide more opportunities for students wishing to express themselves through performing arts. The Eisteddfod is held in two stages, one being the art eisteddfod (here drama, creative writing and visual art is included.) The second being the Vocal Eisteddfod held in the third term of each year.
Teatro Arti is open to all school-going students from Grade RR – Gr.12
Teatro Arti is currently affiliated with 20 public schools and 4 private schools including. In 2015 a record number of 1800 entries were received from the various schools and private institutes and we look forward to grow each year. Teatro Arti is one of the projects enlisted and supported by the National Arts Association who oversees the project and makes sure that we adhere to the highest national standards in the South African Eisteddfod community. (Full list of all participating schools available)
TEATRO ARTI is affiliated with the National Arts Association, the Gauteng Public Speaking League, Gauteng Performing Arts Association and only uses RAB (Raad van Afrikaanse Beoordelaars) and ATKV accredited judges and industry professionals working in the field of acting, dance, music and art that are signed with legitimate agents.
- To promote healthy and sustainable growth within the performing arts
- To give more students the opportunity to participate in educational drama
- To develop and harvest talent
- To promote self-esteem and creativity
- To stimulate growth within the creative arts sector
- To provide students the opportunity to participate in a real-life theatre
- To better our talents and sculpt them through critique from industry professionals
8th of August – 15th of August 2020
ALL ENTRIES CLOSE ON 15TH OF JULY 2020
EDENGLEN HIGH SCHOOL
Steyn Ave, Eden Glen, Johannesburg, 1613
- No entry will be accepted without proof of payment
- No entry will be accepted after 15TH OF JULY 2020
- No changes will be made to the programme – if you are not available on the given dates, please do not enter.
- Judges decisions are final.
- All marks will be available and each participant will receive a certificate
- Parents and contestants may not approach the judges at ANY occasion to discuss performances. The organising committee will be available for any queries.
- The organisation believes integrity and good sportsmanship and these qualities will be expected from each participant, teacher and parent.
- Failure to portray good sportsmanship will result in immediate disqualification of the contestant or school showing lack thereof.
- All queries may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
National Arts Association,
FNB, Business Cheque
Account nr. 623 907 84497
Tak Kode: 250655
Verwysing: Naam van skool / Ateljee
*Please note, any days children cannot participate MUST be indicated on entry form. ANY ADDITIONAL PROGRAM CHANGES WILL BE CHARGED AT 50% OF ENTRY FEE.
*Contestants failing to compete in their prescribed times as per program will only be slotted in on a day suitable for organisers and failure to adhere to new times without written doctor / or school principal consent will result in disqualification.
ALLE KUNS EN SKRYWERK MOET OOK ASB. BY DIE TEATER AFGELAAI WORD!
ALL ART & CREATIVE WRITING TO BE DROPPED OFF AT THE THEATRE
Door Entry: R20 for spectators (Contestants free)
A tuck-shop available / Snoepwinkel beskikbaar