LALT Eisteddfod is one of Ekurhuleni’s newest Eisteddfods. It it open to all students and allows participants to compete in s competition which promotes talent, confidence and personal growth. It was called into life to provide more opportunities for students wishing to express themselves through performing arts. The Eisteddfod includes sections such as Drama and Art.
LALT Eisteddfod is open to all school-going students from Grade RR – Gr.12
LALT Eisteddfod is currently affiliated with 20 public schools and 4 private schools including. In 2015 a record number of 1800 entries were received from the various schools and private institutes and we look forward to grow each year. LALT Eisteddfod is one of the projects enlisted and supported by the National Arts Association who oversees the project and makes sure that we adhere to the highest national standards in the South African Eisteddfod community. (Full list of all participating schools available)
LALT Eisteddfod is affiliated with the National Arts Association, the Gauteng Public Speaking League, Gauteng Performing Arts Association and only uses RAB (Raad van Afrikaanse Beoordelaars) and ATKV accredited judges and industry professionals working in the field of acting, dance, music and art that are signed with legitimate agents.
- To promote healthy and sustainable growth within the performing arts
- To give more students the opportunity to participate in educational drama
- To develop and harvest talent
- To promote self-esteem and creativity
- To stimulate growth within the creative arts sector
- To provide students the opportunity to participate in a real-life theatre
- To better our talents and sculpt them through critique from industry professionals
1 – 4 OCTOBER 2020
(GEEN SONDAG DEELNAME)
(NO SUNDAY PARTICIPATION)
Entries strictly close 11 SEPTEMBER 2020
LALT THEATRE HOUSE – 20 BARTLETT RD, BEYERSPARK, BOKSBURG
- No entry will be accepted without proof of payment
- No entry will be accepted after 11th of September 2020
- No changes will be made to the program – if you are not available on the given dates, please do not enter.
- Judges decisions are final.
- All marks will be available and each participant will receive a certificate
- Parents and contestants may not approach the judges at ANY occasion to discuss performances. The organizing committee will be available for any queries.
- The organization believes integrity and good sportsmanship and these qualities will be expected from each participant, teacher and parent.
- Failure to portray good sportsmanship will result in immediate disqualification of the contestant or school showing lack thereof.
All queries may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- National Arts Association,
- FNB, Business Cheque
- Account nr. 623 907 84497
- Branch Code: 250655
- Verwysing: Naam van leerder / Name of Student
*Please note, any days children cannot participate MUST be indicated on entry form. ANY ADDITIONAL PROGRAM CHANGES WILL BE CHARGED AT 50% OF ENTRY FEE.
*Contestants failing to compete in their prescribed times as per program will only be slotted in on a day suitable for organisers and failure to adhere to new times without written doctor / or school principal consent will result in disqualification.
- All Artwork MUST have an attached description with NAME, AGE, & MEDIUM
- ALL ART TO BE BROUGHT TO THEATRE BEFORE 10 SEPTEMBER 2018
Door Entry: R15 for spectators (Contestants free)
A tuck-shop available / Snoepwinkel beskikbaar