The Greater Ekurhuleni Eisteddfod was called into life by the National Arts Association in 2017 after the realization that there is need for a much wider pond where talented students could cast their nets.
Greater Ekurhuleni Eisteddfod is open to all school-going students from Grade RR – Gr.12
Greater Ekurhuleni Eisteddfod is affiliated with the National Arts Association, the Gauteng Public Speaking League, Gauteng Performing Arts Association and only uses RAB (Raad van Afrikaanse Beoordelaars) and ATKV accredited judges and industry professionals working in the field of acting, dance, music and art that are signed with legitimate agents.
- To promote healthy and sustainable growth within the performing arts
- To give more students the opportunity to participate in educational drama
- To develop and harvest talent
- To promote self-esteem and creativity
- To stimulate growth within the creative arts sector
- To provide students the opportunity to participate in a real-life theatre
- To better our talents and sculpt them through critique from industry professionals
9-12 OCTOBER 2019
Entries strictly close 20TH OF SEPTEMBER 2019
- No entry will be accepted without proof of payment
- No entry will be accepted after 20TH OF SEPTEMBER 2019.
- No changes will be made to the program – if you are not available on the given dates, please do not enter.
- Judges decisions are final.
- All marks will be available and each participant will receive a certificate
- Parents and contestants may not approach the judges at ANY occasion to discuss performances. The organizing committee will be available for any queries.
- The organization believes integrity and good sportsmanship and these qualities will be expected from each participant, teacher and parent.
- Failure to portray good sportsmanship will result in immediate disqualification of the contestant or school showing lack thereof.
All queries may be directed to email@example.com
- Louw Breytenbach t/a Live Arts Little Theatre
- FNB – Cheque Account
- Account number: 62390784497
- Branch: East Rand mall
- Name of contestant as reference / Deelnemer se naam as verwysing
*Please note, any days children cannot participate MUST be indicated on entry form. ANY ADDITIONAL PROGRAM CHANGES WILL BE CHARGED AT 50% OF ENTRY FEE.
*Contestants failing to compete in their prescribed times as per program will only be slotted in on a day suitable for organisers and failure to adhere to new times without written doctor / or school principal consent will result in disqualification.
Art to be delivered to LALT Theatre House (20 Bartlett Road, Beyers Park, Boksburg)
Drop-Off date for art pieces: 1-4 October 2019. To only be collected after the 20 October.
All artwork MUST have an attached description with NAME, AGE & MEDIUM USED.
Door Entry: R20 for spectators (Contestants free)
A tuck-shop available / Snoepwinkel beskikbaar