A wonderful opportunity to all students who wish to participate in a regional Eisteddfod which provides great feedback, NAA Qualified judges and stunning awards. All regions welcome to enter in the various sections. The Eisteddfod includes sections such as Drama, Art, Dance, Modelling and even Creative Writing.
Bedford Eisteddfod is open to all school-going students from Grade RR – Gr.12
Bedford Eisteddfod is currently affiliated with 20 public schools and 4 private schools including. In 2015 a record number of 1800 entries were received from the various schools and private institutes and we look forward to grow each year. Bedford Eisteddfod is one of the projects enlisted and supported by the National Arts Association who oversees the project and makes sure that we adhere to the highest national standards in the South African Eisteddfod community. (Full list of all participating schools available)
Bedford Eisteddfod is affiliated with the National Arts Association, the Gauteng Public Speaking League, Gauteng Performing Arts Association and only uses RAB (Raad van Afrikaanse Beoordelaars) and ATKV accredited judges and industry professionals working in the field of acting, dance, music and art that are signed with legitimate agents.
- To promote healthy and sustainable growth within the performing arts
- To give more students the opportunity to participate in educational drama
- To develop and harvest talent
- To promote self-esteem and creativity
- To stimulate growth within the creative arts sector
- To provide students the opportunity to participate in a real-life theatre
- To better our talents and sculpt them through critique from industry professionals
9 September – 16 September 2019
(SONDAG DEELNAME SAL NA 12 UUR DIE MIDDAG GESKIED)
(SUNDAY PARTICIPATION WILL COMMENCE AFTER 12PM THE AFTERNOON)
ALL ENTRIES CLOSE 23 AUGUST 2019. NO LATE ENTRIES. NO CHANGES.
Laerskool MW de Wet: 23 15th Avenue, Edenvale, 1610
- No entry will be accepted without proof of payment
- No entry will be accepted after 23 AUGUST 2019
- No changes will be made to the program – if you are not available on the given dates, please do not enter.
- Judges decisions are final.
- All marks will be available and each participant will receive a certificate
- Parents and contestants may not approach the judges at ANY occasion to discuss performances. The organizing committee will be available for any queries.
- The organization believes integrity and good sportsmanship and these qualities will be expected from each participant, teacher and parent.
- Failure to portray good sportsmanship will result in immediate disqualification of the contestant or school showing lack thereof.
All queries may be directed to email@example.com
- Louw Breytenbach t/a Live Arts Little Theatre
- FNB – Cheque Account
- Account number: 62390784497
- Branch: East Rand mall
- Name of contestant as reference / Deelnemer se naam as verwysing
*Please note, any days children cannot participate MUST be indicated on entry form. ANY ADDITIONAL PROGRAM CHANGES WILL BE CHARGED AT 50% OF ENTRY FEE.
*Contestants failing to compete in their prescribed times as per program will only be slotted in on a day suitable for organisers and failure to adhere to new times without written doctor / or school principal consent will result in disqualification.
ALLE KUNS EN SKRYWERK MOET OP 09 SEPTEMBER BY LAERSKOOL MW DE WET AFGELAAI WORD VANAF 2NM.
ALL ART & CREATIVE WRITING TO BE DROPPED OFF AT LAERSKOOL MW DE WET FROM 2PM ONWARD.
Door Entry: R20 for spectators (Contestants free)
A tuck-shop available / Snoepwinkel beskikbaar